Research Administration works closely with principal investigators, the Office of Sponsored Projects, and Extramural Funds Accounting to provide overall administrative support including, but not limited to, the following functions.
- Reviewing and approving all transactions involving the commitment of contracts and grants funds.
- Providing detailed financial reports and projections to principle investigators.
- Consulting with principal investigators to determine how best to meet their changing financial needs.
- Ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with terms and conditions of the award and with university policy.
- Reviewing and tracking cost sharing and/or matching fund commitments set forth in the proposal and making recommendations to the Dean; providing cost-sharing information to Extramural Funds for reporting purposes.
- Assisting with the closing of contracts and grants.
See Conference Planning & Cash Handling Procedures for information on the following:
- Conference Planning
- Cash Handling
- Credit Card Payments
- UCSC or Inter-Campus Charges
- Requesting a Change Fund
- Alcohol Policy
- PBSci Conference Planning & Cash Handling Procedures
- Office of Research - Office of Sponsored Projects
- Office of Research (OMIP, OSP, ORCA)
- Financial Affairs - Extramural Funds
- Financial Affairs - FAST Office (Travel & Reimbursement Info & forms)
- Financial Affairs - Travel
- Financial Affairs - Equipment Administration
- Financial Affairs - Procurement Services
- OMB A-21 (Cost Principles for Educational Institutions)